Cycling Confidence Workshops
Our Cycling Confidence workshops are carefully structured to enable cyclists to understand the challenges professional drivers face and the physical attributes of heavy vehicles.
The workshops are aimed at all cyclists who use the road: commuters, sports and leisure bikers. They are based on a customised and industry-proven curriculum. With a duration of around three hours, the workshops are delivered by qualified facilitators.
- A classroom discussion, setting the scene on bike safety
- Demo and bike control drills in an open space
- Demonstration of a heavy vehicle features and exercises to identify blind zones
- A brief ride on quiet local streets with discussions about safety issues cyclists encounter on the way
- De-brief and tea/coffee back at base
- Usually takes 2 1/2 to 3 hours
Our key messages for cyclists:
- Keep control of your bike and the situation.
- Ride to be seen and predictable.
- Choose safe routes.